CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Past Due Update



It's been over 2 months since I have blogged....I am way overdue. I didnt blog about any of the things I have been wanting too....Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Kenadie's funny adventures, my new nephew, my dad having cancer....so on on so forth . The reason you ask??Well, after the funnest night EVER at the New Kid's on the Block concert, we found out that we are Pregnant!! We had been trying pretty much since our wedding...and had kind of given up hope. We are thrilled. This pregnancy,however, is different than my first. I remember being nauseated with Kenadie...but not sick and throwing up all day every day. Its been a rough few months. We had a doc appt last week at 12 weeks and the doc couldn't find the heartbeat. Naturally Jason and I panicked. He got the small sonogram out and the reason he couldn't find the heartbeat is because our baby was bouncing and moving like crazy and he couldn't catch it. What a relief. I guess we will be having a wild one!! So now 13 weeks in and 11 lbs down, I am finally feeling ok enough to blog. We still have one more obstacle to get our little miracle here. Since I had cervical cancer in 2007, my cervix, while healing was better than expected my doctor is worried it will thin out too early. So as a preventive measure I am getting a Cerclage next wednesday. It is a procedure that sews the cervix shut until delivery. My doc said that when done before 16 weeks then 85% go all the way to term or close. I am confident in his abilities but like any normal person I am a little bit nervous. Send your prayers our way. On a good note, lately, I have gotten a little closer to my mother in law. Since I have to be on bedrest for 6 days she has offered to come and stay and take care of me and help with Miss K and getting her to school and such. It will be nice to spend time with her and get closer in our relationship. I do have some other things to update coming very soon!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

"bouncing and moving like crazy and he couldn't catch it?"
My diagnosis is a boy!

Queenie said...

Oh Jess! Hang in there! I wish I were closer to help you. I get sick the whole nine months too, so I can sympathize with you. I know that everything will turn out just great. Take care!

P.S. Sounds like a boy!!

Casey and Kristi said...

Yeah!! Congrat!!! Hope you start feeling better, it is no fun to be sick all day!

Payne said...

Congrats on the baby!! We are so excited for you! Oh and it's normal to worry about everything so don't feel crazy when you do!

Rebekah said...

Let me know if you need anything. That will be funny if it is a girl. She could be lots of fun if this is how she is in utero. So how is your dad doing?

Brad Carpenter said...

Oh Jess, I'm so sorry about your dad...and I'm so sorry you've been sick. Pregnancy is NOT fun. I'm glad your doctor is on top of things. Let me know if you need anything. We'll get together soon.:)

Brad Carpenter said...

(ps...this is Rachael, I'm just logged in as Brad right now and so that's why it's coming up call center training...I'm a nerd.)

Welcome to Lulu's life. said...

Congrats! Good luck on your pregnancy.