CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 18, 2009

So I have been true to my word and it's only been a month since I last updated. It has been quite an eventful month. Baby boy Moody is growing and doing well so far. He is a VERY busy boy! I can't ever remember Kenadie moving this much or just starting waking up between 1 and 2 am. He is definitely a night owl like his daddy. The good news is when he gets here Daddy can be up with him :) I am 31 weeks and some change. My last appointment to Dr. Brown was a little scary but he is always very upfront. At 29 weeks my stitch was still holding strong but I am already 30% effaced. So I am not dilating but I am thinning a little early. I have an appointment tommorow. He is just going to watch me close. It will depend on how much my cervix is thinning tommorow if I am on partial or full bedrest. If things are not progressing too far I will still get to work. I hope I still get to work. It looks as if our baby boy will not make it to my July due date. We are hoping that with lots of rest and me taking it easy that we will atleast hit the the 36 week mark.

As for taking it easy, well, easier said than done. If you know me at ALL. Well, I am just a busy body. I am not the type to lay down and rest or not going anywhere. As we have approached the warm months now it seems there is always something going where its birthdays, bbq's, concerts, or weddings. Jas has been so good lately and taking care of me and making sure that dinner is being cooked and things are tidy so I can rest.

This weekend we had Kenadie's 5th birthday party. This is the first time we have had a party with friends instead of just a family party. It was crazy and chaotic as you can imagine with 9 screaming 5 year old and kids of all ages. She had a great time though and it was a success. Sunday afternoon we went on a picnic just Jas, Kenadie and I. We packed a lunch and just hungout. It was really nice to get out of the house. Jason and I went to Flight of the Conchords too. The are a folk comedy band from New Zealand that has had a show on HBO for 2 Seasons. They are hilarious and it was fun for us to see them live and for Jas and I to get a little alone time. Today was Kenadie's real birtday. I am still in shock that she is 5 years old. She is such a good kid. We had a girls day planned but unfortunately since I had the day off of work we had to go to her 5 year check up first thing this morning. She got her shots. I was SO relieved. NO MORE until she is 11. I am such a wuss during those appointments. We also had to check back in with the doctor because lately she has been suffering from headaches. The doctor wanted to check her eyes again. He said by the triggers, frequency and center of pain she probably suffers from migraines. It broke my heart. My mom started having them in first grade and still has them at 55. He gave me some good news that there are preventive measures and triggers to watch for. She will be taking an antihistamine everyday that is supposed to offset the triggers and hopefully that will help. We left the doctor and enjoyed the rest of our day. I had a spa gift card and shared it with Miss K. We got mini pedi's and manicures. She was so cute she just read a magazine and sipped her water and said "Wow, mom this is pretty relaxing right?" Such a big girl now. We then went home had a nice nap, got daddy and went to lunch. We took her birthday money and went to build a bear and got a cute bunny and then got her ears pierced. When we got there and were filling out the paperwork she was like mom I don't want to do this now, so Jas and I were like ok let's go home peanut. She changed her mind got up there and didn't make one frown, sound or flinch. She was so brave. She was like that was it? I was so proud of her. She is tough as nails like her grandma Robin. I must be a baby. I was alot older and I thought it HURT. That is about all from the Moody family right now. We are doing well and despite some recent setbacks(for another blog this one is already too long) we are all healthy and happy.

0 comments: