CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

You're as old as you feel....

I haven't blogged in a while. Its been super crazy lately. It seems like there is always something crazy going on. Jason's 30th birthday was Thursday. I am glad he joined the club. His birthday dinner had a way better turn out than I had hoped. I invited 15 people and 29 showed up. It was a lot of fun. He is a pretty popular guy. I always say how bummed I am to be 30 about to be turning 31 and complain about a few wrinkles I have and my annoying wiry grays that have snuck up on me and the fact that I cannot stay up past 9:15 to save my life anymore lol. I also wonder if I have done all the things I should have up to this point. I felt this way until I had a talk with my very wise mommy on Jason's birthday. She was saying how many wonderful things are ahead of me that were different from the first 30 years of my life and even alot different than my 20's. She reminded me of just how much I have grown and all the things I have accomplished.

Sure there's the hard stuff like the fact that Jason and I are already down a parent and I just had a friend from High School lose her mother in law. Its crazy. However, I still get to raise my darling little daughter and experience all the fun things she is about to experience. I even might be lucky enough to raise another child. I am still young enough to finish nursing school. So when my friends say 30 is the new 20, there is some truth to it. :)

Now, I am really tired...and am going to take a nap! LOL

2 comments:

Lindsey from The R House said...

you are welcome to stop by any time! thanks for your sweet comment.

xoxoxox

Leslie said...

how true about 30 being the new 20. i really believe you are only has old as you think you are. i have to admit 30 has been great to me so far hopefully it will continue!!