CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Liar, Liar

I just have to say how proud I am of Kenadie. She said something today that made me proud as a mom that I am teaching her the right things and its sinking in. Kenadie is pretty much obsessed with soccer. Her favorite movie is Bend it Like Beckham. Its a movie about a girls soccer team in England. One of the girls in the movie, Jesminda, is an Indian girl who's family does not approve of soccer. They don't want her playing. They want her at home learning cultural cooking and finding an Indian husband. Long story short, she lies to her parents and tells them she has a summer job so she can go play. Usually when Kenadie watches the show she is so entranced that she doesn't talk. I was sitting there watching it with her and she was upset and scowling. I said what's wrong peanut? She said, " Mom, she shouldn't be playing. She telled lies to her mama and that's not the right thing." She said I will never lie to you mommy. I will tell you the truth because then you won't be mad. I will just tell you I like soccer and you will let me play. It was so cute. I hope this carries into the teenage years!

0 comments: