CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

OOPS!




My poor husband...being a guy....and not knowing all the quirky, silly things that you are supposed to do or know about a girl.........threw away the top of our wedding cake!!!
One day, I was feeling particularly hormonal....you know the days.....where you want to eat everything that does not eat you first. I was dreaming of cake......just thinking how delicious a piece of cake would taste at that moment. I had a vision of my favorite kind of cake. I LOVE red velvet cake. I headed the advice of the wedding planner and not wanting it to be the cake the may have gotten mashed into my dress.
So.....I opened up the freezer......and it was GONE! Nowhere to be found. I couldnt figured it out. So, I asked my sweetheart if he might know where it went. He just got a blank...I think I am in huge trouble...look on his face and said "Babe....it was stinking up the freezer....I had to toss it." Of course I was upset and he couldnt figure out why. I explained to him the tradition of eating the top of your wedding cake to celebrate your first year of marriage. He didnt know it meant so much. He thought we just had left over cake. After that I really I couldnt be mad. He really had no idea. I just reminded him to prepare for our first anniversary. I fully expect a luscious, silky, heavenly red velvet cake to be placed in front of me. Who needs roses?? :)

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I didnt wait for the year to eat mine. I saw it in my freezer one night and was hungry and ate some and threw the rest away.

The Moody's said...

that sounds like my friend Rebekah lol. Remember when I used to freak out and get embarrassed when you would open your stuff and eat it before you checked out at the store?