CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Stopping to Smell the Roses....


Both of these pics today are things that made me so happy. I was home today taking a breathier from work after a long, hard interviewing process for a promotion, to which thankfully I received. My sweet husband sent me these gorgeous flowers. I was totally blown away and surprised, because he doesn't do flowers. The top pic is of my little peanut taking a nap. I can't even stand how sweet her little face is when she sleeps. I could look at it for hours. So while I was enjoying these things today, I was reading emails. Grandpa Olsen sends me alot of forwards and when I have time I open them up. I got one..that really was an eye opener for me. It was a poem from a girl who died of cancer.
SLOW DANCE
Have you ever watched kids On a merry-go-round?
Or listened to the rain Slapping on the ground?
Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?
You'd better slow down. Don't dance so fast.
Time is short. The music won't last.
Do you run through each day On the fly?
When you ask "How are you?" Do you hear the reply?
When the day is done Do you lie in your bed With the next hundred chores Running through your head?
You'd better slow down Don't dance so fast. Time is short. The music won't last.
Ever told your child, We'll do it tomorrow? And in your haste, Not see his sorrow?
Ever lost touch, Let a good friendship die Cause you never had time To call and say "Hi"?
You'd better slow down. Don't dance so fast. Time is short. The music won't last.
When you run so fast to get somewhere You miss half the fun of getting there.
When you worry and hurry through your day, It is like an unopened gift.... Thrown away.
Life is not a race. Do take it slower Hear the music Before the song is over.
The bad news is that it's still an email chain. Thanks to the myth busting skills I honed from my friend Liz, I found out the girl passed away in 2002. The good news. I swear it was written for me to hear today. Anyone who knows me knows that I am always in a hurry. Jason and I are so different in regards to this. He is a laid back, take your time kind of guy. I inherited from The Austin side of the family to always be prompt, always plan ahead, and make sure my ducks are in a row. I am trying to meet him in the middle. He is REAL patient. I always lay in bed thinking about the tasks for the next day and when I can finish them, when I should be snuggled up to the handsome man lying next to me.The part that hit home was..when your child asks to do something do you say will do it tommorow? Guilty! Life is so short and kids grow up so fast. There are already moments/stages in Miss K's life that I wished I could go back and spend more time in. So, with the two things I stopped and took time to admire and appreciate, I will be adding more to my list and slow it down just a little.

0 comments: